Nihon Kohden is committed to safeguard the privacy and personal information of every website visitor to the maximum extent possible.
The information Nihon Kohden collects will depend on what you do when visiting the website. For example, when you fill out an online form for requesting information, Nihon Kohden may acquire your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other personal information. When personal information is requested, Nihon Kohden shall clearly indicate the purpose for which it will be used and request only that information which is appropriate to the purpose.
All personal information received through our web site shall be handled according to the following rules that have been established by Nihon Kohden to ensure protection of privacy of personal information.
- Nihon Kohden shall employ strict policies to ensure appropriate handling of personal information and prevent fraudulent access, loss, damage, falsification or disclosure of personal information.
- With the exception of the following situations, Nihon Kohden shall not provide or disclose personal information to any third party without your consent:
- Legal requests – Nihon Kohden may disclose any information about you when, in our opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or to comply with any statute, law, rule or regulation of any governmental authority.
- Third-party service providers – Nihon Kohden may outsource some or all of the operations of the website to third-party service providers. In such cases, it may be necessary to disclose your information to those service providers. We restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your information.
- Agents – Nihon Kohden may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These agents may have access to your information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Nihon Kohden and Others – Nihon Kohden may release information when it believes release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply policies and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Nihon Kohden customers, employees, or others.
- When personal information is supplied or disclosed to other parties in cases mentioned in item 2 above, Nihon Kohden will take reasonable steps to ensure those parties are bound and obligated by contract or agreement to handle the personal information with the same degree of appropriateness as Nihon Kohden.
- If you wish to inquire about, confirm or amend personal information, Nihon Kohden shall quickly take reasonable action to comply.
- Nihon Kohden shall observe laws and other standards in regard to protecting personal information.
- Nihon Kohden is committed to continuous review and upgrading of its protection and handling of personal information.
Nihon Kohden may also acquire certain information about you from a “cookie” and from your IP/Internet address. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive and allow us to serve you faster and with better quality. Your web browser likely includes an option that allows you not to accept cookies and/or to delete existing cookies.
Our website may contain links to other third-party websites. Some of these third parties generate their own cookies. The third party companies that generate these cookies may have their own policies and terms, including privacy policies, but Nihon Kohden does not have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served. Nihon Kohden is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Nihon Kohden may update this policy from time to time, without notice, and the updated version of this policy will be effective upon posting. Please check this page to review the most up-to-date version of this policy. By continuing to access, browse, or use this website after an updated version has been posted, you agree that the new policy will apply to you.